ask Dave a question and he'll answer
send questions to asknursedave@gmail.com

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Swayze's B-day


Dear Nurse Dave,

I’m an entertainment blogger, and I write primarily about film. As you may know, August 18th would have been Patrick Swayze’s 61st birthday. He’s one of my favorite actors, and I’ve been doing a lot of research with the hope of writing a piece to commemorate his career.

The site who I contract with doesn’t seem that interested in this, and I’m reaching out to you because I saw what you had posted about Patrick Swayze and his role in Point Break. Perhaps I could write a guest post about Patrick Swayze for your site?

Here are some of the angles I’ve been thinking about:

  • Patrick Swayze’s ballet abilities -did all his own dancing in films
  • His most notable roles (Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Donnie Darko)
  • What he’s known for: his 80s hair (possibly who has this now!)
  • Other notable young actors that are up and coming, and can replace the generation of stars Patrick Swayze was in.

I’m also happy to hear whatever ideas you may have on the subject.

Does a guest post for Patrick’s birthday sound like something that would interest your readers?



Thanks,
Elizabeth Eckhart

The answer is of course yes. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more interested in Patrick Swayze than myself. Here's a few things I'd be interested in


1. His ballet abilities - that sounds fascinating and awesome
2. His workout regime - How did he get such great body?
3. Who cut his hair? Was it his wife? (my wife cuts mine)
4. Why did his career fall apart? I was really hoping for more from him.
5. Was he really in to horses or is this photo above just kind of a one off thing?
6. Did he have some kind of code that he lived by? (Example - Vin Diesel's code in the fast and furious movies is "Family").
7. Was there plans for a Point Break 2? (I do have a partial script written for Point Break 2. We'll just say that Swayze's character survives the surf at the end of the first one and he gets his hands on some serious weaponry).
8. Honestly, I just miss him.

2 comments:

  1. Bad news. I never heard from this girl again. We'll never know any of the answers we really need to know about Patrick Swayze's life. Unless you want to do the guest post.

    ReplyDelete