ask Dave a question and he'll answer
send questions to asknursedave@gmail.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

Coke or Pepsi?

Dear Nurse Dave,
Coke or Pepsi?
Terrance, Las Cruces, NM

Over the years my answer to the question has changed mostly as my reaction to the brand advertising has changed. In my youth I considered myself a Pepsi drinker. In the eighties and early nineties Pepsi had positioned itself as the choice of a new generation with the help of various radical celebrities. I felt that this new generation included me somehow and I didn't want to be included with the elderly people that loved coke. But as time moved forward I began to feel less inclined to be the part of a new generation and wanted something more from my soda. Plus I blame Pepsi for Michael's death.

As I grew as a person my tastes changed and that I realized coke was for me. I no longer needed something flashy. I no longer needed a product that was trying just too hard to be cool. I needed something classic that would never let you down. Pepsi began to feel like that kid down the street that would give you his watch if you would be friends with him. While Coke felt more like that natural friendly kid that everybody liked. In Happy Days terms Pepsi is Ralph Malph and Coke is the Fonz. Ralph may be able to get you a few laughs but he's got nothing on the Fonz.

Coke has to be the choice of anyone with real class or a leather jacket. But my favorite soda is actually Dr. Pepper. In Happy Day's terms Pepsi is Ralph Malph, Coke is the Fonz and Dr. Pepper is a show i actually watch.

1 comment:

  1. dr. pepper is the correct answer. good job, nurse dave.

    ReplyDelete